Two Outstanding Citizens
Nadine Geoffroy and Lisa McKnight
- Resident of New Providence since 1996 with husband Brian
- Children – Julia (23), Gracie (20), and John (17) – educated in Salt Brook, NPMS, NPHS and UCVTS; Grandson Alex (5)
- Borough Council Member since 2018, Council President 2022
- Served as Chair/Co-Chair of Committees: Finance, Public Safety, Communication, Shared Services, Capital Review, Community Activities, Public Works/WWTP, Personnel, Administration
- Served as Liaison/Co-Liaison to Diversity Committee, Mental Health Advocacy/Education Committee, Municipal Alliance, Board of Health, Historical Society
- Served as Member to Business Professional Association and Planning Board
- Serves as Director of Networking and Communication for LINC Resource Center
- Borough Accomplishments include:
Conservative review of budget to ensure lowest prudent tax increases to taxpayer while maintaining the AAA bond rating; ensured budgets were communicated to residents in a transparent and understandable way.
Participated in the detailed review of the capital budget to ensure that projects were necessary and to the best benefit of residents.
Continuously worked on efforts to provide residents with necessary information regarding the borough operations and activities, particularly during the Covid crisis.
Advocate for all First Responders to ensure success in their efforts to keep our residents safe including traffic and pedestrian safety, updated equipment for NPPD, EMS, and NPFD.
Worked with Diversity Committee to ensure successful education and celebration of our varied cultures and residents
Advocated for the Municipal Alliance to bring forth successful programs to educate residents on the dangers of drugs and alcohol particularly to students in all schools.
Co-creator of Mental Health Advocacy and Education Committee which strives to provide resources to residents about “Being Kind to your Mind.”
Strong supporter for the success of Historical Society efforts to educate about the rich history of the Borough.
Councilwoman Lisa McKnight Candidate Statement
Lisa is a wife, mother of three, local volunteer, New Providence Borough Councilwomen and a Managing Director / Wealth Advisor at Peapack Private Wealth Management. She and her husband Jack are 30-year residents of New Providence where they raised their 3 children.
Lisa’s leadership experience is extensive and includes serving on both Borough Council, and other Borough organizations. As a member of Council, Lisa currently chairs the Finance Committee, where she provides financial analysis, advice and oversight of the Borough’s budget while ensuring the continued fiscal soundness of the Borough and continued AAA rating. Lisa and Nadine initiated the new Mental Health Advocacy and Education Committee, whose goal is to reduce the stigma of mental health in our community and promote understanding by awareness and education. Lisa is also the chair of Administration Committee, liaison of the Beautification advisory committee and a Board member of the New Providence Memorial Library.
These civic, professional and community experiences provide a wealth of knowledge and a strong foundation to continue being a successful and dynamic leader on the Borough Council. Lisa works tirelessly to listen to all, respect all and accomplish goals. She welcomes dialogue and open communication. Lisa looks forward to continue working for all the Borough residents.