The New Providence Republican Committee Proudly Endorses Councilwoman Nadine Geoffroy, and Councilwoman Lisa McKnight for New Providence Borough Council
Councilwoman Nadine Geoffroy &
The New Providence Republican Committee (NPRC) is proud to announce our endorsement and full support for the re-election of Councilwoman Nadine Geoffroy and Councilwoman Lisa McKnight for New Providence Borough Council this November 2023. Our outstanding candidates possess extensive experienced, community volunteerism. Our highly qualified candidates embrace the values and honor of our proud New Providence tradition of excellence and have extensive dedicated loyal service to our community.
Who is Nadine Geoffroy?
- Resident of New Providence since 1996 with husband Brian
- Children – Julia (23), Gracie (20), and John (17) – educated in Salt Brook, NPMS, NPHS and UCVTS; Grandson Alex (5)
- Borough Council Member since 2018, Council President 2022
- Served as Chair/Co-Chair of Committees: Finance, Public Safety, Communication, Shared Services, Capital Review, Community Activities, Public Works/WWTP, Personnel, Administration
- Served as Liaison/Co-Liaison to Diversity Committee, Mental Health Advocacy/Education Committee, Municipal Alliance, Board of Health, Historical Society
- Served as Member to Business Professional Association and Planning Board
- Serves as Director of Networking and Communication for LINC Resource Center
- Borough Accomplishments include:
Conservative review of budget to ensure lowest prudent tax increases to taxpayer while maintaining the AAA bond rating; ensured budgets were communicated to residents in a transparent and understandable way.
Participated in the detailed review of the capital budget to ensure that projects were necessary and to the best benefit of residents.
Continuously worked on efforts to provide residents with necessary information regarding the borough operations and activities, particularly during the Covid crisis.
Advocate for all First Responders to ensure success in their efforts to keep our residents safe including traffic and pedestrian safety, updated equipment for NPPD, EMS, and NPFD.
Worked with Diversity Committee to ensure successful education and celebration of our varied cultures and residents.
Advocated for the Municipal Alliance to bring forth successful programs to educate residents on the dangers of drugs and alcohol particularly to students in all schools.
Co-creator of Mental Health Advocacy and Education Committee which strives to provide resources to residents about “Being Kind to your Mind.”
Strong supporter for the success of Historical Society efforts to educate about the rich history of the Borough
- PTA/PTO Executive Board and Committee Chairperson on numerous activities/fundraisers/social events – Salt Brook School, New Providence Middle School, and New Providence High School
- Scout Leader for Girl Scouts and cub scouts for over 10 years. Troops participated and led many community service activities and earned high level awards.
- Church participant, teacher and member for Youth Group program, CCD classes, and Summer Vacation Bible School.
- Sports Team Manager for New Providence Soccer Club and NJ Rockets Ice Hockey Club.
- Professional Business Career and Education
- BS Accounting – University of Scranton
- MBA in Finance – Pace University
- Certified Public Accountant
- 15 years in Financial Services industry responsible for a variety of reporting requirements and procedures including Statutory and Rating Agency reports as well as training on financial systems to professional
- Substitute teacher in district since 2013
- Substitute teacher at NPPC Nursery School/Kindergarten since 2021
Get to know Lisa McKnight!
Lisa is a wife, mother of three, local volunteer, New Providence Borough Councilwomen and a Managing Director / Wealth Advisor at Peapack Private Wealth Management. She and her husband Jack are 30-year residents of New Providence where they raised their 3 children.
Lisa has a long history of involvement in community and school activities. Early on, she realized that at the heart of New Providence are all the generous and selfless volunteers that make the Borough tick and make it so special. She quickly became an active resident, volunteering with the PTA at Roberts School, running many committees. She taught religious education, first at OLP and later at Corpus Christi. Eventually, she moved from her children’s activities to community centered volunteerism.
Prior to being elected to the Borough Council, Lisa served for many years as Treasurer, later President and now a Board Member of the Community Service Association (CSA) whose core mission is to help our neighbors. Lisa was integral in making the CSA an independent 501c3 and a household name. She continues to sit on the board of this organization as it sits close to her heart.
Lisa is one of the founders and a current officer of the JCP Foundation, a 5013c founded to honor the memory of Julia Prasad. The foundation raises funds for NPHS scholarships and charitable contributions to civic and social justice organizations
Lisa’s background includes an MBA in Finance and a CFP® certification. For the past 17 years she has worked as a Managing Director and Wealth Advisor at Peapack Private Wealth Management where she uses her extensive experience to help clients reach their complex wealth management goals by managing investments, growing and transferring their wealth. In her professional role, Lisa undertakes many leadership positions. Currently she is on the Board of the Financial Planning Association of New Jersey and chairs the Association’s Women’s Group.